GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Thursday, July 26, 2007
2nd Post Identity Theft
Okay...the wierdest thing just happened. I read Kristi's blog and then wanted to see who commented and saw someone named Lynn commented. Oh! I say. Kristi knows another Lynn? I click on the name to see who it is and it brings up my blog profile!!!!! So I am really disturbed. Did anyone know that someone could take your name and post to someone else's blog? I did not. And now I don't know what to do as I don't want anyone misrepresenting me. Guess I will have to do a little research when I get home. If anyone else has any knowledge about this, let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is crazy...I didn't know that was possible!!
That's weird! I've never heard of that before.
LYNN!!!! OMIGOSH!!! I just discovered this very same thing happened to me today, also. On Kristi's blog, also. I was reading some of her posts about the questionable comments she was receiving, so I decided to check it out for myself. Lo & behold, I noticed one of my comments that I posted about Tori's hair was deleted. So, I scrolled down & saw another post from "Amberly" that said something like, "comment deleted... what happened?" Well, I NEVER wrote that post! So, I clicked on the name "Amberly" & it also brought up my blog profile! It is VERY disturbing!! I don't know what to do or how to stop it. I changed some security features in the hopes that it will stop, but how in the world can someone be posting comments using my name & link it to my profile?? It's beyond my scope of computer knowledge. (Maybe there is a whiz out there that can help.)
Anyway, I want to make sure Kristi knows that it is definitely NOT me posting any rude comments on her blog. (I'm hoping she knows me well enough to realize that.) But, I also don't want others reading these comments that someone has posted using my name & think that it's me.
It's driving me crazy!!! I, of course, discovered all this when everybody in TX was asleep! So, I've been worrying about it all day! Now, I'm trying my best to get ahold of Kristi via email.
UGH!!! Technology is great, but not when this happens!!
I'll keep you posted.
Most likely what happened is that someone picked off your profile URL and used the "Other" identity radio button and filled in the appropriate information.
That said, make sure your password is hard to guess.
Lynn,
I am glad that you told me about the comment! When I read it last night I told William that it did not sound like you and I was suspicious! I also gave Amberly's comment a second thought too since she had already commented! You were my tip-off :) I would never actually think either of you would be rude!!!
Don't you love technology??!!
Post a Comment