I have spent the day finishing my research for my talk at ACU next weekend. I read a really good book today entitled "Children Matter" by Scottie May, Beth Posterski, Catherine Stonehouse and Linda Cannell. It was filled with really good information on the spiritual development of children. But what I really liked was the prayer at the closing of the book and I thought I would share it with you.
Now to our loving and holy God, to the Lord Jesus, our Good Shepherd, and to the indwelling Holy Spirit. We pray for each person who ministers with children. May they have...
Eyes to see your glory,
Ears to hear your voice,
A mouth to speak your truth,
Hands to do your work,
A heart to share your love,
Knees to bow before you,
And feet to follow you all the days of their lives.
In Jesus Name,
Amen and amen.
I think this is a prayer not only for children's workers, but also one we could pray for each child or each member of our family.
May you all have a wonderful celebration of worship in community tomorrow. We will see if the minister at Highland Oaks will be there for our visit, or will it be 4 out of 4?
1 comment:
I know you will do good with your teaching assignment at ACU. I will pray that you have a safe trip.
Post a Comment