Thursday, July 05, 2007

Rained Out Dinner

Well, we didn't get to have our tropical dinner because of the rain. We will try again tomorrow night and if it still rains, we will just move it inside. Instead my sister and I went to Garden Ridge this afternoon and found most of the flowers to be 75% off so we got a lot of flowers. Several years ago Steve and I had all the foliage removed from around the pool because it just made keeping the pool clean so difficult and with everything so close to the pool it was very difficult to do the trimming. I love having more deck around the pool, especially when we have kids over to swim, but I miss the pretty foliage. So I have purchased several flower pots and I keep them full of silk flowers. Yes I know it sounds tacky. I love flowers, I just don't enjoy all the work that goes into keeping them looking pretty and it just doesn't take long for them to die in my yard because there is not much shade in the backyard. The bad thing about silk flowers is they fade but it had been about 4-5 years since I bought the last ones. So I stocked up tonight. Unfortunately, the greenery was not on sale. So $95.40 later and my back yard is full of blooms! I will have to take pictures tomorrow and post them. Can't believe we are already at Friday again! Just seems time passes more quickly every day. Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

Liz Moore said...

I've been behind as usual :)
I'm glad your leg is doing better! Hopefully you'll get to have your tropical dinner outside. The chances of rain are suppose to diminish by tonight and tomorrow looks like a nice day. Have a great weekend!