Thank you so much to all of you who prayed for me this morning! It made all the difference. I had such a peace and felt that God blessed the time. Steve set in both sessions and he gave me positive feedback. I asked him if he was being objective and he assured me he was. One of the children's ministers I have admired for years is Marti O'Rear. She is now at Greenville Oaks in Allen, but for a long time was at Highland in Abilene. She was one of the first female children's ministers in our fellowship. So when she walked into my workshop today I felt like I should get up and get out in the audience. She is so sweet and one of the most humble people I know. She has been out of Children's Ministry a few years before coming to Greenville Oaks so she made me feel as though I helped her remember some things. I appreciated her kindness. Another woman who has gone to camp with Jami and I was also in the 2nd session. She is a children's minister in Houston. She had been a special education teacher and changed to children's ministry. She is the first cm this church has had and this is her first position. Then I ran into another friend who is the children's minister in Amarillo. She used to be the cm in Belton. She said she came by my room last night and was surprised to not see it filled with all the stuff I usually do (lots of visuals and science experiments, etc.).
One time she presented at another workshop I also presented at and she and I were there till wee hours of the morning setting up, so she knows me well. She said she is coming to my sessions tomorrow. I have to tell you I would rather speak in front of strangers than people I know!
Tresia Eason and Lady Denise are also speaking tomorrow to preschool directors. They are staying at the motel right next to ours. We are all getting ready to go out and eat bar-b-que at a place Houston recommended (although I am sure Edd already knew all about it) called
Joe Allen's. It will be fun just fellowshipping. Hope you all have a great weekend!
7 comments:
Hope you enjoyed your b-b-q but espectially being with your friends and making new ones. Isn't it a blessing that even though you are exhausted from the day that you are suddenly energized to be with others who share the same love of childeren and love of God with you? I pray you have a great Saturday and a safe trip home. Love ya, Caren
Lynn, I want to apologize for not visiting your blog more often. I am very glad that your seminar is going well. Happy (late of course) birthday!! I pray that you will have a safe trip home and that the rest of the seminar goes well. Take care, and thank you so much for thinking of me and my "situation". I don't have any more news yet. Oh, I know what you mean about speaking in front of strangers rather than people you know! Love ya.
glad it is going so well!! did you enjoy joe allen's?
Mmmmm... Joe Allen's!! YUMMY!!
So happy you are useing your gift from God to help others teach the little ones of Him. I know all who are attending will be Blessed. I am sure that God will use this morning and every thing will go as well as yesterdays. Love MM
Heather and Amberly,
Ed thinks that maybe Joe Allen's has changed because while he really enjoyed his t-bone steak the rest of us thought the bar-b-que was not very good. I got a combination plate and the rib was so tough I could not eat it. Tresia got the chicken and it was so dry she could not eat it. And I know it is just a matter of preference, but I did not like their sauce, it was more a sweet and sour taste. Anyway...we will see if Harold's is any better tomorrow, that is where Dan had told me to go.
I'm glad your classes went well!! There is a place called Harold's that has great BBQ in Abilene! Maybe next time!
Post a Comment