Well, two weeks in the row we have visited a church only for the regular minister to be gone and someone else taking their place. I am starting to think they must know we are coming :)
The speaker this morning at Farmers Branch was awesome. I think his name was Michael Miller. He had a great sermon about us being Jesus to the world. But what touched me most of all is we sang "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus". Remember a few days ago I blogged about looking up to Jesus? Well, how many years have I been singing this song? And not until today did the lyrics "and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of his glory and grace" catch my attention, or make me realize what they mean. It for sure reinforced me to keep my eyes upon God and if I do, the things of this earth will not have my attention, only God will. Hope we all will look up more this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment