Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday's Thought

Hope you all had a great Sunday! It has taken Blogger 30 minutes to let me post, so this will probably post after midnight :(



Steve is reading a book called "Gripped By The Greatness Of God" by James McDonald. He read me this story yesterday and I wanted to share it because it really spoke to my heart.

"God gets glory through the hopefully superior ways His children endure the suffering of this sinful world. So bad things do happen to good people. God is sovereign even over that. Helen Rosevere was a medical missionary in the Congo. Even though she had gone there to serve and share the gospel she was brutally attacked. This pure, gracious, innocent woman of God was humiliated and raped, but hung on with her life to a faith in God that refused to be shaken. While she was recovering from this horrible event, Helen leaned hard on the Lord. That's always the way it is isn't it? As you go through a painful experience, you either get closer to the Lord or further away. Trials will always push you. Either they wedge between you and God, pushing you from him, or the weight of those same burdens drives you closer to Him..."



"Recovering from her ordeal in the Congo, Helen wrote a comment we should all consider. She wrote a question as if written from God's own mouth: 'Can you thank me for trusting you with this experience even if I never tell you why?' Can you thank God for the hardest part of your life?"



I love how different authors can get me to reflect on my circumstances in a different light and challenge me to have a better attitude. I don't know if I can thank God yet for my circumstances but I look forward to the day I can.

No comments: