Saturday, July 28, 2007

Another Blessed Day

Well my workshop is now a thing of the past. I thank God for His mercies and strength of enabling me to present. Today's numbers were smaller, but about 6-7 people who attended yesterday came back today. I considered that humbling because there were 3 other sessions they could have chosen. I was once again reminded how very blessed I have been to be in ministry at Richardson East where ministry to children is valued. Where our elders see the value of ministry to children and support it with the finances that are needed to adequately provide the resources to aid in the teaching of our children. I heard from churches where there is no curriculum and as teachers anything they want including glue or whatever they buy themselves. They don't feel supported by their leadership and don't think the parents give any thought to what is being taught in the classroom. A couple of people asked if I could come to their church and speak to their leadership, so we will see if those are doors the Lord would like me to step through, or if those opportunities come.
I then was able to go to lunch with a good friend who is now a children's minister in Amarillo. It was good to catch up and hear how her ministry is going for her. She touched my heart as she wanted to take a picture of me (on her cell phone) before I left because she wanted to show her kids my picture. See the kids who are now 7th graders were praying for me when I was in the hospital and some of them still come up and ask her how her friend is doing. She wanted them to have a face to the story. God has been so amazing through all of this to show me how many people have be so very faithful to pray for me.
Steve and I were so tired, we decided to stay in Abilene another night and head home tomorrow. When I log off I need to find out times of worship at Highland. We think that is where we will go in the morning. Hope all of you have a wonderful worship and Lord's day.
Thank you so much for your prayers and positive comments for this weekend. God again showed himself as my Ephesians 3:20 God and blessed it more than I could have asked or imagined!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!! Have a safe trip home tomorrow.

Liz Moore said...

I hope you have a safe trip home. We like to visit Southern Hills when we are in Abilene. I hope you had a good visit at Highland.