Monday, July 16, 2007

Chewing Gum

My mom gave me an idea to try to curb my nighttime munchies...chew gum. It seems to be working :) Don't know where this day went, it went by so quickly. Looking forward to having lunch with a friend tomorrow at a new place (I always love trying new places). I will have to tell you about it if it is any good. Yesterday we had a fun experience at Black Eyed Pea. We go there fairly often and don't usually see anyone we know. Yesterday, our table was right next to some old friends in Mesquite who now go to Saturn Road. While we were visiting with them in walked about 6-8 people from Richardson East who were all eating together. Then, right across from us they sat two couples who were really good friends of my parents so I went over and spoke to them. Then at the end of our meal the friends from Mesquite left and at their same table they sat a new group and I recognized a lady. It took me a few minutes to figure out where I knew her from, but I finally remembered she was one of my nurses in Rehab at Baylor. I went over and said hello to see if she remembered me and she did. She was thrilled to see me walking. So anyway...made lunch kind of interesting.

1 comment:

Liz Moore said...

That's so funny! Every time we go somewhere, I always scan the place as we walk to our table. Because lots of times I will end up seeing someone I know. I'm glad you got to see so many old friends! Have a great week!