GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Sunday, July 08, 2007
It Happened Again
Third Sunday in a row there was a visiting preacher??? I am getting a real complex. No one said today where John was at Richardson East, but I have to assume he was on vacation. What a great day for a nap!! Unfortunately because of the rain I had to miss the Espinosa's going away reception. Because of my tears in both knees I have to be exceptionally careful for the next several weeks, and my crutches tend to really slip on wet surfaces. So I took a nap, and loved waking to the roaring thunder. I have always loved thunder, I even have CD's I listen to at night sometimes of either thunderstorms or ocean waves. I have just always found the sounds of water calming. Rivers, beaches, rain...all my favorites. What sounds are calming to you or do you enjoy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I too enjoy hearing thunder. I especially like it when you can "feel" it. Have you ever heard a loon? I like that sound too. I have never heard a real loon, only a recording, but they sound neat. Go to http://www.atl.ec.gc.ca/wildlife/loons/images.html and you can hear what they sound like. Have a great day.
Probably my favorite sound is that of my children in a real belly laugh! Especially when they were babies! I have also always loved the sound of the rain sticks that you tip back and forth. Now if I could just get someone to stand there by my bed and slowly tip it back and forth all night...that would make it an even better sound :)
Lynn, I'm sure you didn't think about how hurtful and discouraging your "great day for a nap!!" comment might be to a young preacher or else you wouldn't have written it. You might want to edit out that sentence as well as this comment.
Lynn, we missed you at the reception, also! But, I completely understand about needing to be so careful with the wet pavement. I definitely would not want you trying that! We had a nice, small gathering. I am so grateful for all the wonderful friends & mentors at RE who were kind enough to quickly put this reception together for us & come wish us luck. It was very thoughtful!
Post a Comment