Thursday, January 11, 2007

Yeah! They delivered my power chair to work today! Now I can get up and down the hallways with the greatest of ease and my arms full of whatever! One of the major blessings of this accident has been that Teresa Ediger immediately filed it as a workman's comp claim (since I was on my way home from a visit with a child at the hospital when the wreck happened) I cannot even imagine what our finances would be like if we had to be paying 20% of all the current medical bills! But more than that workman's comp has been amazing, supplying me with everything I have asked for. A new bed, and new living room chair, a remodeled house (for easier wheelchair access), a bone stimulator (just to name a few things). They have made sure that I have had everything I need to be a physically comfortable as possible. But more importantly than that I have been so very blessed to have Christian brothers and sisters who have come along beside me and helped me on the spiritual journey. How do people survive life and especially trauma's without a community of believers? I can't even imagine. So I say thank you to all of you who have reached out and made this journey so much easier through your love and support. You are a wonderful gift from God and I thank Him for you!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Lynn,
Your chair looks so comfy! I am so glad you finally got it! It will make things so much easier for you. You are such a blessing to the church!