Thanks so much to all of you who have been so sweet to respond positively to my blogging efforts. I find it humbling that someone thinks your thoughts are worth reading. I have found myself today contemplating more about the bible study I was involved in last night that I mentioned in yesterday's post. It is so much to wrap my mind around when it comes to understanding how God works in the midst of suffering. While I don't think God causes bad things to happen, or plans for bad things to happen, He does know they are going to happen and chooses not prevent them but to allow them, even though He has the power to stop anything. So why is it that one person gets a miracle cure from cancer and another suffers painfully until death? That one mother prays for a healthy baby and recieves it, while another has a baby with multiple health issues or even misscarries. Why some concieve who don't want a child (or aren't ready) and others remain childless who desire children. Some are spared in a car accident that should have killed them, while others die. I could go on and on. It is hard to understand how a loving Father allows what we percieve as bad things to happen.
But the bottom line is He is God and I am not. He doesn't promise a life free from the hard things, but what He does promise is that He will cause all things to work together for good, Phillipians 4:13 We can sit and ask the questions all day long, but the bottom line is we don't have to have the answer to trust that God will do what He says He will do. There are so many promises in the Word. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you". "So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. " Hebrews 13:6. "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.: Romans 8:28. Just a few, there are so many more. God does promise to give me the strength to make it through the struggle. Phillipians 4:19. So the bottom line is even when I don't think I understand I must declare that "God I don't understand, but I choose to trust you". There is only one other choice and it leads to a much darker place in life where there is no hope. I do not want to choose that path, so I resolve that no matter what happens, I will choose to trust in my God who is able to do so much more than all I can ask or imagine! Hope you will too!
1 comment:
I too often wonder the same types of things. I have begun to see things a little differently lately though due to the testimony of our youth minister, Willie Sanchez. A few years ago he was going through a horrific untrue accusation and facing 155 years in prison. During this terribly trying time, they found out his wife had cervical cancer. They then found out that one of his daughters had a type of lymphoma. Then, his other daughter contracted some type of disease that made her blind for several months. All this while he was basically fighting for his life. When he finally got to trial and it came time for the jury to reach a verdict, they came back to the judge in 10 minutes to say he was innocent. The judge asked them to make sure and take the time to be sure of their verdict because it came so quickly. They said there is no need. He is completely innocent! They then found out that the cancer from his wife and daughter were both gone and the sight of his other daughter returned. WOW!! What a testimony. All I could think of was Job. It has made me realize more than ever that no matter what is going on in my life or elsewhere, GOD IS IN CONTROL!! That has been a wonderful blessing to me.
Post a Comment