GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Friday, January 05, 2007
I think that I have the best job in the world!! I love children and I am so blessed to be in a place where I get paid to spend time with them. There is no greater joy than hearing my name be called and a child giving me a hug. The kids at my church have been amazing through this ordeal and are so faithful to tell me they are praying for me I got cleared to go back to work part time today and I am so excited! I will be back in the office on Monday. This is going to be last year to do Children's Ministry at Richardson East. I will retire December 31st of this year. I will be shy 2 months of spending 10 years of ministry with this great church. Don't know where the Lord will take Steve and I after that, but I know wherever it is I will still want to be involved with planting God's word in the hearts of children. To me there is no greater calling. I have been contemplating what I can do this year to leave things the best they can be. I have a list an arm long. But the most important thing I want to do is let His children know how much they are loved by their Father and by me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just got back from Lubbock and found your e-mail about this blog. You go, girl! I have to comment on the last line of your first entry about dancing. Keep your feet on top of God's...that's how you learn!
Well, I found your blog and I am excited about that! I have always wanted to know you better and to learn from you. I am saddened that you plan to retire, but know that the work you have done is viewed by God as brilliant. You should be very proud about the work you have done, sharing God to so many young souls.
Post a Comment