I got to do two of my favorite things today: spend time with my hubby and eat breakfast out. I don't know what it is about eating breakfast out but I enjoy it more than any other meal out. I love IHOPS Harvest Nut'n Grain pancakes with the Butter Pecan syrup. Yummmm. Tonight Steve and I attended the memorial service for a young man we had never met. His parents attend our church. He was 40 years old and a down's syndrome child. He had lived in institutional care since he was 12. Bill and Margie are such sweet, sweet people. Tonight was a celebration that their boy is now healed and with God. I used to do some volunteer work at the state school in Lubbock while I was in college. One of of the things that is very obvious when you are with Down Syndrome individuals is the way they spread happiness by just being in their presence. They are so filled with life as they are constantly children. Simplest things bring them great pleasure. I wish I was more like that. I admire the Bunches and all the many parents like them who live life to the fullest in the midst of disappointment and daily challenges with a handicapped child. A life full of sacrifice for the happiness of their children.
I realize the same could be said of all parents, but not to the same extreme. So tonight my thoughts and prayers are consumed by those unsung heroes. I rejoice with them that heaven will be the place of ultimate healing and there will be no tears there.
No comments:
Post a Comment