GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
To me one of my worst nightmares is seeing boredom in the eyes of my students. I just returned from Bible class where I teach 5th and 6th grade girls. I can't put my finger on what is different about this group of girls than the other groups I have taught (this is my 5th year), but we are just not connecting. They just look so bored. Tonight we talked about new beginnings and looked at different promises that God gives us to make us new. We talked about keeping our eyes on the prize and that our goal should be heaven. Maybe I expect too much from these girls? After all they cannot know what I know at their young age. It has taken me a long time to embrace these truths, but I just want things to be so much easier for them. Yet, as I shared with them tonight the world is a much harder place for them than it was for me when I was their age. I am hopeful that even though their faces remained expressionless that something did in fact touch their hearts. If nothing else I challenged myself to be able to lay my head on my pillow every night and say that I have kept Acts 24:16-"I have a clear conscience before God". I want to make my goal every day to please Him. 2 Corinthians 5:9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Sis,
I love you! Tonight in class, we talked about people in our lives who encourage and strengthen us. YOU were foremost in my thoughts and in my heart. I want to say Thank You. Thank you for sharing your faith and trust in God so beautifully. If I could trade a day with you to give you a day of rest without pain, I would. Hope to see you soon cutie!
Post a Comment