For a long time one of my favorite verses has been I Corinthians 2:3-4-"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." About six months after my accident I found a website chat room of people who are wearing external fixators (they are called Ilizarov's). There is definite truth that no one knows better than someone else who has walked in your shoes. It has been a blessing to be used by God to try and encouarge others who are on this same journey as I, and let them encourage me. You can definitely tell who are believers and who are not as some posts the people just cannot see any positive and seem to have no hope. But amazingly enough most people who post give credit to God and offer prayers up for each other.
I don't think any of us have made it through life without a time that we have been the recievers of God's comfort. Aren't we thankful that He can use us as His conduit to others to bring them His comforting in the form of our flesh?
No comments:
Post a Comment