GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Saturday, January 06, 2007
To start off with today I am rejoicing as I sit back in my chair in the living room! I am rather skeptical that it is only fixed temporarily, but hopefully I am wrong. Earlier tonight I was looking at one of (the many) catalogs I recieve and saw this quote "Life is a journey, not a destination". This is so true, I would do better most days to remember that. To remember that whatever I am going through this day is temporary and is meant to be a directional signal to my final destination. I can choose to keep on the path towards my destination or take a detour. You would think I would have learned by now that choosing the detour usually takes me on a longer and more painful path. Paul said in Philippians 3:14 "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus". Heaven is my destination and each day God grants me life here on earth is just one more day in the journey towards that goal. I pray that I can keep my eyes on that prize and make the journey in a way that makes the win all that more thrilling! I am so glad that so many of you are on that journey with me! May the Lord bring us all to the prize soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I once heard that life is a roller-coaster. Life would be awfully boring if it didn't have twists and turns and ups and downs.
Post a Comment