Happy 2007!
Well, here we are my first post on my blog. I am not sure what I am thinking, but it seems like all the other blogs that I read everyone just talks about their life. I have hesitated to start a blog because I just don't think my life is as interesting as everyone elses. But then I thought you know I don't read blogs because I neccessarily find them interesting, I read them to find out more about the person who is blogging and in turn I find that interesting.
I don't really make New Year resolutions. Probably because I lack the discipline to keep them. But I do try to recommitt throughout the year to improve different areas of my life. Seems like I usually fail and have to ask for God's forgiveness and start over again, but I heard one time that success is getting up one more time after a fall. So the fact that I recognize my failures and keep trying over is positive. How thankful I am to have a God overbounding in mercy and grace.
Sometimes God sends me the same message in various ways (since I can be hard headed). He has done that again the past few days. A couple of years ago a couple of friends and I had a prayer session together and at the end one of them told me that one day God and I would be dancing. The other day someone forwarded me an email and it had a message about Guidance. The author noted that the end of the word is dance, the G stood for God, and then U and I. They went on to explain that if two people try to lead than the dance doesn't work. It is only when one partner surrenders the lead and chooses to follow that the dance flows. Then yesterday our youth minister preached and said he and his wife choose a word to focus on for the year. I came home and told Steve that I was going to try that and my word was going to be Guidance. Then today I log onto a friend's blog and she has written an entry about surrendering to God and that yesterday her minister gave her the vision of a child dancing with their father, standing on his feet and letting him lead her around the room. She ended her blog by saying "So I am ready to dance".
So here is to dancing with God in 2007. I am going to try so hard not to step on his feet.
6 comments:
I am delighted you are entering blogland! I am going to love staying in touch with you. What a blessing you are to so many! May the Lord bless you richly in the year ahead!
Wow! Was I surprised that you already found my blog. I had not even put it out there yet. Was still trying to get my picture smaller (vanity) Anyway...last night discovered Rick's blog as well So I too will look forward to being in touch!
I love that email about Guidance. It is so true! I like to lead even though I don't know where I'm going or even how to dance. I keep thinking I'll learn, but God seems to have to teach me the same stuff over and over. Ugh.
I love that email about Guidance. It is so true! I like to lead even though I don't know where I'm going or even how to dance. I keep thinking I'll learn, but God seems to have to teach me the same stuff over and over. Ugh.
I FIND YOUR BLOG V E R Y
INTERESTING BUT, MORE THAN
THAT VERY INSPIRATIONAL.
You have touched more lives
than you could ever realize.
KEEP LOOKING UP!!!
I have been clicking onto your profile every so often ever since I saw you post once on Beverly's blog. Today I noticed that it no longer said "Lynn's Little Lessons" (I think that's right :), but it said "Lynn's Life"! Yeah!! I'm so glad you are blogging. I look forward to catching up with your thoughts! Blessings!
Post a Comment