GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Today was a day of sweet surprises. I was contacted by three friends I haven't heard from in awhile. The best surprise was a call from Mrs. Elizabeth Boyd. She is eighty-three and lives in Houston. When I did an internship at a juvenile facility she was the cook in the cottage I was assigned to. She was such a sweet woman with a Godly spirit and we connected and have exhchanged Christmas letters every year. She decided to call and see how my leg was healing. I was so touched! It is such a blessing the way that Christ bonds us with individuals for life. Speaking of bonds, I have been so looking forward to the Chrisitian Education Conference that begins in Fort Worth tomorrow. It is always so good to be with fellow ministry partners from all across the country and catch up, not to mention I usually get motivated by the speakers. Now with the threat of ice tonight, I am hoping that we don't have to miss it! We would have gone ahead over to the motel tonight but the rates are over double of what they will be for the conference. I tried to get Steve to just stay somewhere close, but he didnt seem to want to tr that, so guess we will just have to wait and see what the night brings. In the meantime, I thank God for friends and the bond that we have through eternity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lynn, it was such a blessing to be with you! Thank you for introducing me to some of your friends. I hope your dr. appt went well.
Post a Comment