Today was the last of Randy Harris' sermon series "Hope For The World" at Highland Oaks. This is the third time this week that God has emphasized the Luke 2:10 scripture "But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people." I think He wants me to pay attention. Randy convicted my heart today that I am not doing what I need to do to be the reincarnation of Christ to the world. He used two Hebrew words(that I cannot spell or repeat since I don't know Hebrew)to show what God's purpose was in being the incarnation. He came so that the unworthy would know that they are the beloved of God. He became flesh to show us how much we are loved. He gave the example of a young boy who was suffering from cancer and losing his hair. His classmates wanted him to know they cared so they also shaved their heads to be like them. God cared so much for us, He became one of us. But then He left and asked us to continue to be Him to the world. We have a message of good news and great joy to share with a hurting world. I have a message of good news and great joy to share with a hurting world. Randy told of one of his students that graduated with a Bible degree and told Randy he was going to be a bartender. He said where do those that are hurting go, and most go to drown their sorrows, so where could he better share the good news that Jesus came to give great joy. While I appreciate the heart of this student, I am not sure God would want us to serve drinks in order to share the joy? I do believe He would have us be His presence in the bar.
Anyway...the point I took away is just how much I am loved by God. He talked about another student wanting to have the Hebrew word for "beloved of God" tattooed somewhere on his body. I hope that I will remember that "beloved of God" is tattooed on my heart and I will be always ready to share that good news with all that need to hear it.
No comments:
Post a Comment