Steve, my mom and I have been busy since last Friday preparing the house to host the Ladies Bible Class Christmas Brunch this year. After all, I had big shoes to fill from past hostesses like Karla Gerdes, Pam Pobanz, Kelly Thomas and the hostess of all hostesses Pam Miller. Unfortunately, with me being sick the weather interfered with me getting outside to decorate until yesterday and even then I just did 1/2 of what I usually do to get inside sooner. But we had a great time this morning. Karla did a great job as always with our devotional and helped us all to focus on the real "reason for the season". The take away I had today that I had not thought of before is how God not only sent His son in such a humble way, but He announced His arrival not to the priests, governors, or rulers, but to shepherds and magi. The shepherds being just common workers, and the Magi actually being non-Jewish (outsiders). Lest any of us ever think we are insignificant we need to revisit this story and realize that God sent His Son for all people and especially people like us.
Jesus was indeed our Savior and indeed Emmanuel (God with us). Heaven and Humanity came together for ever and we are a part of that Kingdom. Praise God!
Here are a few pictures as the Ladies worshipped this morning and of some of my decorations.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)
1 comment:
I like your decorations. You are with snowmen they way I am with monkeys :) A big pile of them sitting all together
Post a Comment