Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Steve and I made the decision about six weeks ago that we were not going to buy presents for Christmas this year. There is nothing either of usneed and we are fairly certain there is nothing in particular our relatives need. However, because of the economy there are several families we know that are in need. We have decided we will take the monies we usually spend on presents and give the money to a family. We have sent a letter to all our family members telling them of our plans and requesting that they not give us gifts but donate to a charity of their choice in ou name. Well...today Steve came across this website http://www.redefine-christmas.org and they have the same idea. Check it out. You can choose a cause and ask your relatives to donate in your name. I will admit I have been trying to figure out what we will do Christmas morning when we usually are opening presents and haven't come up with a definite plan yet, but I know God will redeem the time and bless our gifts this year. The best part about this plan? I don't have to shop, wrap or mail :)

1 comment:

Stichin’ Up A Storm said...

That was a wonderful Idea!!!!