Well we are just a few hours away from Christmas Eve. I hope everyone has their shopping done and can just spend tomorrow relaxing and in anticipation of a great Christmas celebration. Our tradition on Christmas Eve has been to go to a candlelight service. These have become the best part of Christmas for me. Growing up I had wonderful Christmas' with great memories but we did not really celebrate the birth of Jesus or spend much time contemplating what it meant for Him to be Savior of the world. It has only been about the last ten years that I have begun to really set aside some time to celebrate. I crave Christmas Eve experiences and have tried a few, but have settled on Prestonwood Baptist as they always have a quality Christmas celebration. I have a really hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that God became man so that He could better reveal himself to us. The whole concept of Emmanuel (God With Us) is something I want to understand more and more. This song by Casting Crowns has helped me see it anew this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment