Friday, February 29, 2008

It's Official

Today Steve and I signed the paperwork for him to retire! What a big step! I am so proud of my husband and the hard worker that he is. He has given 25 years of his life to the City of Dallas. He has provided for us well. He hasn't always had the easiest of time, but He faithfully fulfilled whatever duties were given to him. During the time we have been married he was happiest with his job when he was working within the fire department. He just liked being in the know of what was going on and especially the special camaraderie between all those people. The thing I am most proud of him for is the wonderful reputation he has with all his co-workers of being a Christian man of integrity. He is one of two people left who was part of the installation of the accounting system that the City uses. I know that he will be missed as a resource person.

Just to be clear, we are both way to young to join the ranks of retired people :) But just really blessed to be able to do so. We are really looking forward to seeing what God is going to call us to next and are looking forward to being able to do it together!

So please indulge me as I thank my hubby for a job well done! I love you Steve and am so very thankful for the way you live life with excellence. The City of Dallas knows you as an excellent worker, I know you as the most excellent husband and am forever grateful that you are mine!
I am looking forward to April 23rd (your actual retirement date) and watching to see what God is going to do next!

1 comment:

Cathy Burgess said...

Hey retirement from one job doesn't mean he can't get another. If that's what he wants. Congratulations Steve!