Tuesday, February 12, 2008

God Continues To Speak

Last night after my post on God speaking to me about our faith glorifying Him I was on the Richardson East website and noticed that our young couples class is posting commentary about the Romans study happening on Sunday mornings. In Kellie Litton's commentary she mentioned a couple Conor and Boothe Farley who had lost their newborn baby to an uncommon chromosomal abnormality, Trisomy-18 (or Edward's syndrome). I went out and spent an hour getting to know them through their blog. Oh my goodness!!! Their faith is absolutely amazing! You can get to know them at http://conorbootheandgirls.blogspot.com

This is just part of one of Boothe's post after her daughter lost her eight day fight for life "I don't mean to sound morbid or even to depress anyone, although I know I'll find it hard at times to smile or to simply 'go on' as normal, despite the absolute necessity of that at some point. I remember thinking last night that I can't believe I actually fall into the category of people who have endured one of the hardest things life can hand someone. It doesn't seem real. And yet that word - endure - stands out and reminds me that somehow, as I sit in the darkness of my bedroom and hope I have the strength to face Copeland's bassinet in the kitchen, I realize that God is giving me what I can't give myself, what even no amount of Bible verses fail to give were it not first for His Spirit imparting to me an understanding and a thirst for Him. I confess I long to understand - to believe - in what I can't right now. I long to believe heaven is real, that my girl is being rocked by caring, loving arms, that she is absolutely healed from the effects of her cruel disease and that never again will she be hungry or frustrated at her inability to breathe. That she will look on the gates occasionally, waiting for her mommy and daddy to appear. My conversations with God right now are more like those you have with a junior high boyfriend as you pass them in the hall at school: necessary in order to remain in a relationship, but short, probably somewhat insignificant to any on-lookers. "Hey." That's about all I can muster at this point. What do you say to the God of the universe who chose not to heal or save your baby? Who, though they are giving you strength to endure, moment by moment, actually allowed the situation that require endurance in the first place? I call on you to pray for me. I will not turn my back on Him. But words fail me."

I could so relate to Boothe's feelings and yet have no idea what she is feeling, but I was so thankful that for some reason God led me there to show me that faith can indeed glorify Him.
Then this morning during my Bible reading I had the stereo on and this song came on.
All Is Well by Kathy Troccoli

Lord, I need you, help me see you
Through the darkness, covering my heart.
I've been fighting, but I am so tired
It feels like my whole world is torn apart.
When I am weak, In my faith, by your grace, I can say

All is well, All is well
You are Lord and all is well
You're the hope for my heart, and a peace beyond myself
You are Lord and all is well.

Thank you Jesus, for your presence
Even when it feels like you're not there,
You remind me that you love me
You have felt the pain behind my prayers.
Though the storm rages on, I am safe in your arms.
When every thing's out of control
Your love will not let me go.

All is well, All is well
You are Lord and all is well
You're the hope for my heart, and a peace beyond myself
You are Lord and all is well.

You have to understand that I had a CD player with 50 Cd's in it. I have the setting on shuttle so that it just picks songs at random. So for this song to come on this morning AND the fact that I do not honestly remember ever hearing it before??? I am confident that it was not a coincidence but God wanting to get my attention and confirm what He has been putting on my heart....He is there even when I cannot see Him.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I went to their blog and did the same thing. What amazing honesty and faith in the middle of such unspeakable grief. Thanks for sharing.

Cathy Burgess said...

I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a baby and/or child. I know a lady (who is my age)who lost her son when he was 10. She is still carrying it. What I mean is she still has bouts of grief from time to time. I read the blog too, thanks for sharing.