Monday, February 25, 2008

Academy Awards

Did anyone else watch the Academy Awards last night? I thought they were rather boring this year. I had not seen any of the nominated movies or any of the performances of the nominated actors, actresses, supporting actors, supporting actresses. That is pretty unusual for me. I had never even heard of the movie that won "No Country for Old Men"? I think the only two I had heard of were Juno and Michael Clayton. And what in the world is "La Vie en Rose."??

When they showed the 79 movie winners of year's past I counted and I had seen 33 of them. I have always enjoyed movies. I just wish that there were more good ones. Where I used to see at least one a month. Now I see 2 or 3 a year! Of course that doesn't include cable where I usually watch one or two a weekend.

Anyway....don't have much more to say about that. I did appreciate that most of the women actually had more modest dresses this year. Oh! and was it just me or did Mylie Cyrus (Hannah Montana), as cute as she is, just seem out of place?

No comments: