Along with my daily Bible reading I have been spending time in a book entitled Praying The Names of God. Today's reading was on El Shadday (God Almighty). It is what God called Himself when He appeared to Abraham and made him the promise that he would become the Father of many nations. At the end of the reading there was the question "How have you experienced God's almighty power working on your behalf?"
This is what I wrote" An almighty God for whom nothing is impossible is the God that I believe in but not the God I have seen for awhile. Or is it the God for whom nothing is impossible is not doing the possible for reasons I do not understand? He is doing what is best but my humaness cannot understand how not healing a 2 year old so she can eat is best, or not stopping the constant seizures of another precious girl is best. How not keeping an infection from taking part of my leg was best? The parents of these children have such amazing faith and we marvel at them and their faith. Didn't you say you allow such things in order that you might be glorified? Well, we marvel at their faith not your almighty hand. However, I will continue to trust in you the Lord Almighty for whom nothing is impossible"
I tell you that because the next thing I did was pick up my Journey which is a daily devotional magazine I also read. Today's reading was on Jesus being the Vine and the fruit we will bear when we cling. The very last sentence was quoting I John 15: 1,5,8 "by this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples".
I started crying because I immediately knew God had corrected me in His usual gentle way. Kim and Steven, Angie and Paul, God may not be healing your children in a way that we can see but He is being glorified through you and the way you are clinging to the Vine. Your faith is the fruit and it testifies to all of us that you are His disciples. Thank you for showing me what faith in the flesh looks like. Thank you God for letting me know that you are indeed being glorified in the lives of these sweet families and you will forever be El Shadday, God Almighty.
No comments:
Post a Comment