Thanking God that the cloud has lifted and things are better. There are just times when I get that 1, 2 punch and just have to fight for Satan not to give me the TKO. It is a fight to look at the positive and not the negative. Sometimes I am just not as good at it as other times. But I keep returning to what I know instead of what I feel and eventually I always come around. I think this time an added factor is for 2 weeks I threw caution to the window and began ingesting more carbohydrates than I had in a couple of months and I think they made me more lethargic. I returned to my healthier eating and at my weigh in today I had lost 12 lbs! Really crazy I know. But I was thankful. I just want to keep moving toward my goal and not discouraged when there is a set back and I am thankful that God rewarded me for those good choices this week.
Steve told me an interesting quote by someone he heard on the radio named Ron Mehl. Why was Jesus born in a manger??
Because where else would a lamb be born?
Don't you jut love moments like that when you just say "Aha". I had never thought of Jesus being the lamb born in that manger. I am just so sorry that He had to be the lamb that was slain for me. Yet rejoice that I can walk in the confidence that His blood offers me continual cleansing for my sins.
In my bible reading today several times God is consumed with anger because the Israelites are complaining and not trusting Him to provide. I don't know why He looks on us with so much more grace today than He did on them? But I pray that I never take that for granted!!
2 comments:
WOO HOO!!! I am SO happy with and for you. I LOVE reading your
Blog. You have such meaningful
words. Thanks for that and all
your encouraging wisdom. Not everyone shares as much insight as you and with "things" or life the way it is, a constant fight with the Devil. Aren't we glad we have read the last chapter and KNOW Who
wins that fight.
May God continue to Bless you the
way you Bless others.
I am so glad that you are feeling better!! Praise God for His faithfulness!!
Post a Comment