Wednesday, February 13, 2008

CAREcorp

Today was my third time to work CAREcorp. For those of you who read my blog that do not attend Richardson East, CAREcorp is our program for helping those who need money to pay rent or utilities and for distributing food. Even though I have only actually interviewed people these three times, I have seen people come and go for the past nine years. I have to really ask God to help me with a judgmental heart as some of the people just do not appear to be authentic and seem to be just working the program. Only one was like that today, but it is always one too many in my opinion. She came in for food only. She listed her income as $1200 a month. Said she only needed food for one and then when she was allowed to take the bread items on her own (we sack the canned goods) she took 2 cakes, 2 containers of 12 cupcakes, 4 containers of rolls and bread. Maybe I am wrong but that seemed like a lot for a single person. But it was just her attitude as well, not as humble, not as grateful as some others. I realize I need to be so very careful for the Lord tells me He will judge me with the same measure I judge others and I definitely need all the grace and mercy I can get. At the same time there was the sweetest grandmother raising her seven year old grandson that was my blessing to meet today. You could tell she did not want to be asking for help and was so very grateful for everything we were able to do for her. I am sure there are definite correlations to my own relationship with God. Some days I just take advantage and am not very grateful and other days I am overwhelmed by His goodness and oh so thankful for every good gift.

No comments: