Tonight as I went to the visiting hours for Morris James I could not but think of all the people standing in line waiting to give Mildred, Larry, Brenda and their girls a hug, a comforting word, etc. being God's way of making His love and mercy known in the flesh. Again I ask myself what do people do that do not have a Christian community? I always find these times difficult because I just don't know what I can say that would make any difference. But I have learned it is insignificant what I say, it is just important that I "be". It is God who is present and it is Him that has promised to be our comforter. My heart ached for Mildred as she talked about this being the worst thing she has ever had to go through. I knew that she indeed was walking through the valley of the shadow of death. I am so very thankful that she has the Lord who loves her more than we can comprehend promising that He will walk with her. As I looked at Morris' body it really hit me hard how fast life leaves our bodies when we die. He was an empty shell. It really hit me hard that it will not be too long before I have to face the death of my father. Also I caught myself thinking that it could of been me in the coffin and Steve receiving comfort. I cried out thanks for God's mercy and grace.
Later in evening I went to a Christmas gathering with my Wednesday night supper club friends. We had such a good time of fellowship,not to mention great food! Tanya brought this to die for chocolate ganache. I ate two bites and could eat no more because it was so decadent. It will take a couple of days to finish it as I will only be able to take two bites at a time. Hey that might be a healthier way to eat all sweets, yeah?
Advent, Week Three, Day 4
Wednesday
John 3:16-21
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. He who believes in him is not condemned; he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one who does evil hates the light, and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does what is true comes to the light, that it may be clearly.
No comments:
Post a Comment