Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Music

I just love Christmas Music. It is my tradition to buy at least one new album a year, so I have a pretty big collection (about 40). My favorites are Anne Murray, Roger Whitaker, Kenny Gee, Michael English, Point of Grace and Michael W. Smith. Now I add to that list Josh Grobin's Noel. Steve bought it for me. I just think his voice is amazing. There is a song on this album called "Thankful". The lyrics caused me to reflect on all the things I am thankful for. Hope it will inspire you this season as well. You can listen to it here if you want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44ZeNXqEuTQ&feature=related

Somedays, we forget to look around us,
Somedays, we can't see the joy that surrounds us,
So caught up inside ourselves,
We take when we should give,
So for tonight we pray for,
What we know can be,
And on this day we hope for,
What we still can't see,
It's up to us, to be the change,
And even though we all can still do more,
There's so much to be thankful for,
Look beyond ourselves,
There's so much sorrow,
It's way to late to say,
I'll cry tomorrow
Each of us must find our truth,
It's so long overdue,
So for tonight we pray for,
What we know can be,
And everyday, we hope for,
What we still can't see,
It's up to us, to be the change,
And even though we all can still do more,
There's so much to be thankful for,
Even with our differences,
There is a place were all connected,
Each of us can find each others light,
So for tonight, we pray for
What we know can be,
And on this day, we hope for,
What we still can't see,
It's up to us, to be the change,
And even though this world can still do so much more
There's so much to be thankful for

Advent Week 2, Day 2
Psalm 43:3-6
Oh send out thy light and thy truth; let them lead me, let them bring me to thy holy hill and to thy dwelling! Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; and I will praise thee with the lyre, O God, my God. Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my help and my God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas music also. What a beautiful representation of the meaning of the holiday.

Amberly said...

I downloaded Josh Groban's Christmas album last week & I couldn't agree more... it's beautiful! Love it!!