Saturday, October 20, 2007

Oh To Be Young!

We just received this picture of my niece Alyson (Aly). She is a junior in high school and this was her prom picture (guess they have them in the fall in Washington instead of the Spring?)



No that is not her date, it is my brother Brad :)


Isn't she a pretty girl? I hate that I have never lived close to her or her sister Alyssa and they have grown up without me knowing them very well, but imagine why this picture was a surprise to me when I had taken this picture just six months ago!


Her sister Alyssa is a beautician and I guess without even telling my brother they changed Aly's looks for the prom. Imagine his surprise when she came in the door! I don't think I would be brave enough to do this drastic of a change to myself when I was her age, or for that matter even now. I remember the one time in high school I tried to die my hair blonde and it turned out orange!! It will be interesting to see how they get it back to her natural color of blonde.

3 comments:

Tim Perkins said...

She is gorgeous.

Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed the Hawaii narrative and pix. Steve and I would have gone crazy with the helicopter tour!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better today.
It was Aly's boyfriends HOMECOMING.
She is BEAUTIFUL! What is so neat
about it is she doesn't know it. So that just makes her more so.
My love and prayers. Mother

Lynn Leaming said...

Thanks mom for the correction. My head was just not computing homecoming. This makes much more sense!