Anyway...my last day in Kauai was spent again sunning at the pool and reading a good book "Sure As The Dawn" (the last in the Mark of the Lion series). Then Friday night we went to a luau at the Sheraton. On Kauai anyway this is the only luau that is actually outdoors (the rest are indoors). I found that really interesting. I guess I thought they were like the movies where you sit in the sand on the beach. Nope, we sat at table and chairs. It was still a lot of fun, and very interesting watching all the different kinds of Hawaiian dancing. I was glad so many of the costumes were really modest and the dancing very elegant. But it was still fun to watch the traditional hula dance as well. Boy can they move those hips! Anyway, here are the pictures.
The girls must have changed into at least six different outfits from head to toe.
This was the group that sang. I thought it was neat that before we ate the announcer said we where going to say a prayer of blessing and this group sang "Praise God To Whom All Blessings Flow" in Hawaiian.
My sister Caren reminded me that when we were younger that she, I, my sister Cathy and cousin Janet all bought matching outfits and wore them to Six Flags one year on vacation, so she wanted she and I to buy matching shirts in Hawaii. So here we are.
So this is the final post on Kauai. What a blessing it was. For those of you who are Richardson East members and had a part of giving the finances that made this trip possible, I am so very thankful! God used your generous hearts to bless me in another Ephesian 3:20 way--beyond all that I could ask or imagine.
4 comments:
I remember those outfits! We thought we were "cool". I think what you and Caren are wearing is prettier than those outfits many years ago! Glad you finally got your pictures to post. I enjoy looking at them. Didn't they film parts of Jurassic Park on that island?
thanks for the encouragement :)
They did film Jurassic Park on Kauai but I guess you have to take the ATV tour to see those places as there are no roads into them.
Hawaii is an awesomely beautiful place! Blue Hawaii was my favorite Elvis movie. Thanks for sharing your pictures!
Post a Comment