Thursday, October 18, 2007

Movie Tour Pictures



This is the backdrop of where Elvis sang The Hawaiian Wedding Song in Blue Hawaii it is at the old Coco Palms Motel which was pretty much destroyed in a hurricane in 1992 and no one has redeveloped it.


Can you see the coconuts in the tree? My first.


My sister Caren and I standing on the bridge where Elvis sang the song.


Another picture of Gilligan's Island

This is Hanalei Valley. That name ring a bell?

Puff the magic dragon lived by the sea...
In a land called Hanalei.

Did you know that song was about smoking pot? I had no idea!!

This was also the set for the movie Uncommon Valor.



I am trying to figure out why I didn't get a picture of Bali Hai and South Pacific??? Not sure, but anyway...


There is also a mountain called Kong Mountain that looks like the profile of King Kong but none of those pictures turned out either.


This picture had nothing to do with the movies but I took it to show how they build houses near the water. I am thinking if you are handicapped I guess you have to put in an elevator.





So tomorrow I will be actually posting the pictures of what we did a week ago on Friday.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful pics! Keep sharing..

Kristi said...

2195Awesome! Makes me want to go on a trip.

Liz Moore said...

What a great trip!! I love Elvis history!!! Looks like a beautiful place!