He is able, more than able to accomplish what concerns me today.
He is able, more than able to handle anything that comes my way.
He is able, more than able, to do much more than I could ever dream.
He is able, more than able, to make me what he wants me to be.
Every time the physical therapist asked me to do something that seemed impossible, I would just start singing that song in my head and the Lord would help me endure.
I prayed hard that my leg would heal and I would not have to have a wound vac. But that was not God's plan. The open wound where my bone went through my leg would not stay closed once they removed the stitches so it was forced to heal from the inside out. I was hoping that I could glorify God by it healing faster than the doctors had ever seen, but whatever reasons that was not God's plan either. So they taped tubing into the wound and sealed it and then this machine pumped all day long. Everywhere I went, it went. But the disappointment of that was offset by the fact that I could bear weight on my left leg on May 25th. Six weeks from the accident. I was amazed and so excited. It meant going from 4 people helping me get out of bed to just me and one aid. It meant that I could begin using a walker. The first time I stood on the leg with the walker I lasted 20 seconds! I would build up my strength a little each day.
A couple of things I remember that were special to me during this time were:
- Deb Tietjen brought me a chrysalis to watch, it was amazing and I was disappointed when I was out of the room when it turned into the monarch butterfly.
- Scott Collier came up to visit and pushed me outdoors (the first time I had been outdoors in 5 weeks) and the sun felt so good, however he was in a long sleeve shirt and tie and I am sure it was not so good for him.
- By this time Bob Legan had begun calling me every Tuesday afternoon and praying for me on the phone.
- I met a woman named Mary who was hoping to avoid an amputation, but in the end did not. She was a single woman but her extended family was in Amarillo.
- There was an elder from Highland Oaks who heard of my accident and he began visiting with me every week and praying over me. His name is George Baker. He is really one of God's angels here on earth.
It would take pages and pages of blogging to mention every visit, every call, or card/note I received. Each one a precious reminder that I was not being forgotten. I remember committing to myself that when I was able that I would try to be better at remembering others who are in the hospital or ill at home. It just takes a few minutes of time to make that call and it means so much to the person on the other end.
No comments:
Post a Comment