First of all, if you are doing a long flight and have the chance to upgrade your seats for more leg room, it is definitely worth it! Going we were able to gain 5 inches and it made all the difference in being comfortable. Coming back no seats were available and even though I was dead tired when the person in front of me put their seat back, I found it very uncomfortable trying to find a position for my legs for 8 hours.
We arrived in Kauai at 7:30 on Saturday and I was so surprised to find it already dark. We got our convertible and went straight to the Lawaii Beach Resort. I was amazed at how pitch black the roads were (one lane both directions at that). There were not many street lights. First thing I had to do when we arrived was use the "little girls room" and imagine my surprise to find an orchid in the toilet! I had never had this surprise before.
Sunday we went to an orientation meeting where they described to us the island and all the activities that we could do (way too many for a week). The concierge would then make all the reservations so that was nice. On the way to the meeting the first thing I noticed was this cool tree outside our door. I have no idea what it is called, but I thought the bottom of it was so cool (and like the one in Jurrasic Park, only smaller). I would find that I wished I knew a lot more about plants and trees as there were so many very pretty ones on the island and I had no clue what they were (but was too cheap to pay $10.00 for a book that described them)
We headed to Walmart to get some food and needed items (I forgot sunglasses). And stopped and ate lunch at Pizza Hut (I know, it was just quick and easy). I did notice that at the Burger King they had a sign for SPAM for breakfast. One tour guide said that Hawaiians eat 17 times the national average of SPAM. But I didn't get a picture of the signage. Anyway, we headed home and then spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool.
Wait till you hear and see what we did on Monday, it was by far the most fun of the trip!!
.jpg)
1 comment:
I am so glad you took pictures. I love to look at them! The place you stayed looks wonderful. I like the pool.
Post a Comment