Well, the mystery has been solved as to who was the 1,000th visitor to my blog.
Drum roll please.......................................
It was my husband Steve! Tonight he sent me a resend of a message he sent me 2 nights ago. When he sent it that night I just thought he was telling me that someone hit the 1,000 mark because he just cut and pasted the page with the counter. Then tonight he sent it again and I am still not getting it and he said "It was me, I was number 1,000". My first response was "Oh Bummer" thinking how am I going to explain this to everyone and who is going to believe me? Not giving any thought to him thinking I did not want it to be him. So then I had to apologize. Anyway...I told him I was going to give a gift certificate to Amazon.com and he said I did not have to give it to him, but fair is fair right? (Sorry to disappoint Becky and Amberly it was not $1,000. Remember after all I am leaving for Hawaii in 2 days :) )
Today I received an email (indirectly) from a old college acquaintance who is the associate minister at the Garden Ridge church of Christ in Lewisville. They are looking for a children's minister. I emailed him to just say hi and see how things are going and I told him I noticed on their website that he was teaching Dynamic Marriage classes (also called His Needs, Her Needs). He and I had attended the same class years ago to be certified to lead this class. Anyway, he said in the past 10 years he has taught 15 classes and in that time 5 couples had already filed for or been divorced and they were all reunited. I just think that is a powerful testimony of what only God can do if we are willing to commit to Him and His ways with all of our hearts.
2 comments:
I think it is neat Steve was your 1000 visitor. It shows that he is interested in what you are writing on your blog, and in fact reading it. How cool is that?
You'll just have to get him a really cool gift in Hawaii!
Post a Comment