GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Friday, June 01, 2007
I am humbled
Well, today I finished cleaning out my office. At lunch the staff threw me a surprise luncheon. I thought that I was just going to lunch with Marcie and Stephanie, but the entire office took me to McAlister's Deli. I chose there because I have never been before. I ordered one of their baked potatoes (the chicken fajita) and it was delicious. Several of the staff had written a card sith such sweet words. They gave me a really sweet figurine of a little boy and girl doing the rhyme "here is the church, here is the steeple, open the door and see all the people" and a clock that says "to everthing there is a season,and a time to every purpose under the heaven." Perfect gifts for perfect memories. Needless to say I shed some tears. I have been so blessed to work with this staff. I can honestly say that in 9 years we have never had any times of dissension or strife. We support, encourage and pray for one another. We have a common goal and that is to glorify God and help lead His church in a way that reaches our community with the love of Jesus. I have all confidences that they will keep on keeping on and continue to be a blessing to the rest of us at RE. I feel so unworthy of such attention, but I have to admit it is good to know that everyone isn't glad to see me going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment