Thursday, June 14, 2007

Weekend Away

I am really excited because Steve and I are getting away for the weekend. It will be the first time we have traveled since my accident. We are going to Austin for Jordan Swim's wedding. We will stop in Copperas Cove tomorrow to visit Steve's brother Chuck and his girlfriend Kelly. I was really excited because I went on Priceline and got us a $169.00 a night room at the Doubletree downtown for $75.00. The reception is at the Four Seasons downtown so I thought maybe we should stay there and save ourselves some steps. Right? The rooms began at $375.00!! I could not believe it! Needless to say, we are not staying there.

I bought us Francine Rivers audio book "Prophet" to listen to. Steve isn't a big talker when he is driving as he feels the need to concentrate. He will listen to me babel so I am hoping he will enjoy the book too. Although I probably won't put it in till we are coming home on Sunday to keep us both awake.

So anyway...just thought I would let Kristi and Stormy know that I won't be blogging till Monday (so they won't think I am a slacker :) ). Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

Tim Perkins said...

I hope you two have a wonderful, restful time away from the Metroplex. Be sure and report in when you return.

Stichin’ Up A Storm said...

Lynn
Have a wonderful trip. I look forward to hearing about it when you get home. And after all the razzing I did to you on Sunday, I have barely blogged this week! OOPS!!!

Heather said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy the weekend!!

Kristi said...

Lynn, I hope that you have an oustanding time and a safe drive!! I can't wait to hear about it!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Austin. Would live there in a heartbeat. Have you ever eaten at Threadgills? Oh my. Best vegetable plate ever.

Liz Moore said...

I hope you enjoy your time away. You deserve it! Blessings!