Tuesday, June 05, 2007

No Tears Here

Is anyone depressed or shedding tears today knowing that Paris Hilton is in prison? I am sorry, but other than feeling compassion for her soul, I am not the least bit interested in hearing how difficult she is going to have it in prison. That she will not get a good night's sleep or that she will have to eat terrible food? Yet...she does get special treatment in that she doesn't have to sleep with the general population. Why is it that some think they are above the same law everyone else has to follow? Then when they do get caught, they think they deserve special treatment. In the first place what is she famous for? Have I missed something or is it simply because she has money? And where has that got her? The best thing that could happen to Paris while she is in prison is perhaps there is a good prison ministry there and she will come to know the Lord and let Him redeem her life. Then my other soapbox is why the media beats these stories to death (Lindsay Lohan, Brittany Spears, David Hasselhoff, etc) What would it take for the media to start covering positive stories? They say they do it for ratings and money, are we really that hungry for that kind of news? I know I'm not. That is why I try to keep it off as much as possible, but unfortunately ran across it today and now you got to hear about it on my blog. Lucky you?

1 comment:

Cathy Burgess said...

I agree with you whole heartedly. I avoid the news whenever I can. I could care less about Paris Hilton and her troubles. I do not even read the newspaper. I will visit the BBC news from time to time because I believe their reporting is not as "sensational" as American reporting is. News shouldn't always have to be about the bad stuff, they could throw a little good stuff in there too.