Thursday, May 31, 2007

Today's God Message

So all three times I started my car today this song from Casting Crowns was on. Do you think that was a coincidence? I know God was sending me a message. I did hear it.

Praise You in This Storm
words by Mark Hall/music by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms

I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen and it's still raining as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain, "I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands
and praise the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands for You are who You are
no matter where I am and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand You never left my side
and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone
how can I carry on if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls I barely hear
You whisper through the rain "I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands
and praise the God who gives and takes away

Chorus

I lift my eyes unto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes unto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the maker of heaven and earth

Chorus

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I absolutely love this song. I've seen Casting Crowns play before and was even more impressed with them. I believe the lead singer is a youth minister. Music is a great way to connect with teens. I love that he writes stuff that not only reaches and challenges teenagers, but anyone else that hear the words.

Liz Moore said...

This is one of my favorite "Casting Crowns" songs. It speaks to our hearts in so many ways.

On a side note from another post.. I was also a gymnast! I competed for almost 8 years. And I too, love Frank Peretti. If you haven't read him, Ted Dekker is also brilliant!! A lot like Peretti. Blink is really good, then start with Black and read them in the order he has written them. After the Black, Red, White Trilogy, each book seems to have a small connection that is interesting to me. You miss the connections if you haven't read them in order. Ok, sorry... probably TMI :) Have a great weekend!