Steve and Chuck look alot alike. Steve is 8 years older. We weren't facing the sun so don't know why they are both squinting. I do know Chuck doesn't smile, because of all those years in army pictures.
Unfortunately, Kelly's glasses must turn dark in the sunlight.
Saturday morning Steve got up very early and went to a prayer breakfast with his brother. He said he really enjoyed it. Then we went to lunch and left about 2:00 for Austin. We checked into the Double Tree about 4:00 and they gave us a delicious warm chocolate chip cookie. The motel ended up being only about a block from the church. The wedding was beautiful and the ceremony was really sweet. It was fun watching Jordan radiate at his new bride. It was also fun watching Carolyn McBryde live one of her life long dreams of serving communion :)
The reception was lovely, the food delicious. They had a buffet and had some delicious coconut shrimp and some of the best salmon I have ever eaten. I really enjoyed getting to sit by Jennifer Kilgore because I had never really visited with her. We had a nice conversation. The band playing made it difficult to talk to anyone other than the person sitting right next to you. By the end of the evening I was exhausted and was almost not able to walk back to the car, but thanks to using the walker (instead of the cane) I made it. We decided to sleep in Sunday morning since two nights in a row we had not slept very well. We ate at Denny's on our way out of town. What a mistake. We decided to splurge and get t-bone steak and eggs and the steak was probably the worst I have ever eaten. I ordered it medium and there was not one bit of pink in it and it was so tough! Really dissappointing. We then headed home and I put the book on tape in for us to listen to and about 30 minutes later I was asleep!! I felt so bad. I was determined on this trip I would stay awake. Just couldn't do it.
After arriving home we went over to my parents to give my dad his father's day gift and to spend some time with him and then came home. I did manage to stay up till 11:00 p.m. but did not wake up until 11:30 a.m.!! Then my mom, dad and I went to Red Lobster as that is where he wanted to eat for Father's Day. I was so excited that he felt like eating out at all!! He had never had lobster in his life and wanted to have it, so he really enjoyed his meal and he ate every bit of it!
All in all it was really a good few days.
4 comments:
Reading about all of your breakfast adventures is making me hungry!!
I am glad you had such a good trip.
glad that you had a nice trip and a safe trip. i know what you mean about sleeping in your own bed! i have never really liked denney's, but ihop is great. steve and his brother do look a lot like each other. anyway, thanks for the update and the pictures. have a great day.
Your right, that IHOP is dirty. Chris went there last week while I was in Abilene and they found a 4 inch hair baked into an onion ring!!! I know... groooossssss!!!!!! Needless to say, that particular IHOP is marked OFF the list! :)
I'm glad you had such a great trip. I always take a pillow from home with me on trips. As long as I have MY pillow, I can usually tolerate any bed :)
Post a Comment