GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Thanks for the Advice
Thanks for the advice on cleaning out my office! I made a huge dent in it today! The biggest dilemma remains with what to do with hundreds of pictures! Looking at some of them brought back such sweet memories. As I looked at Janet Strother holding Logan at their baby blessing, I said to myself "I forgot he was once a baby". It is hard for me to realize that I have actually watched so many kids grow up. One of my favorite memories was when Brady McMillan was a two year old (he is now a 6th grader) and I got notice 30 minutes before class that the teacher was not going to be able to teach. I was new and not familiar with the curriculum, so I just threw numerous puppets I had in my office in a big bag. I would then pull one out and sing a song, and so on and so on. That was on a Wednesday night and when Brady saw me on Sunday he said "Ms. Lynn where is all your stuff?" and then for several weeks after that he would ask me that same question. It was too cute. One of my favorite current memories that I will take with me is sneaky Kyle Thomas who likes to play with my electric chair. He thinks it is funny to turn it on and make it go. A few times it has been a little surprising and not real safe. I will tell him "Kyle, please don't play with Ms. Lynn's chair, someone might get hurt". He says "okay, sorry", but has this glint in his eye that lets me know he will quit for now, but I will be surprised again in the near future. He is so precious. Tonight we took the God's Girls to Braums for our last class. I got to sit with India Jones. She told me she and her mom had a "girls" weekend at a motel to have "the talk". She told me they talked about the "p" word. I thought she was talking about puberty. She later whispered in my ear it was about her "period". I could go on and on about the memories I have of these sweet children. No wonder Jesus wanted to entertain them and told His disciples to "let the children come".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great post Lynn! Children are so special!
My Dear Sweet Sister - You are a Mother of so many. You have watched your children grow, you have given them friendship and spiritual guidance. You planted God's love in thier heart and a hug from you was like a hug from Jesus. ...You will know them by thier love. While it won't be the same for you, your life has been shaped by their unconditional love for you. Caren
Post a Comment