Thursday, May 17, 2007

Why Am I Surprised?

Sometimes the Lord puts a continuous theme on my heart. Guess I don't get it the first time.
Karla Gerdes gave me a book quite a while ago called "Come Away My Beloved". She explained to me that she does not read the book cover to cover but flips through it till it falls on a page and then reads to see what the Lord has to say to her. So that is the way I have used the book as well. I looked tonight and the last time I picked up the book was 11-07-05, but I picked it up tonight and here are a few of the quotes from today's reading.

"My children, there is no good thing that I would withhold from you. I have not left you to fend for yourselves...I am the Lord your God. I am your provider and defender....Anticipate my help. I will not fail you...It is a joy to my heart when my children rely on me. I delight in working things out for you, but I delight even more in you yourself than anything I do to help you. Even so, I want you to delight in me just for myself, rather than in anything you do for me...Service is the salvage of love. It is like the twelve baskets of bread that were left over...I do not expect you to give to others until you have first eaten. I will provide you with plentiful supply to give if you first come to recieve for your own needs...Service will be futile and burdensome unless it springs from an overflowing heart...the love of God. This you do not have of yourself, nor can you give, however much you might desire to do so. You will possess this love only as you wait upon me and take time to absorb it from Me...There will never be any left overs for others unless you first eat from your own personal love feast with the Savior."

I took this as an amazing confirmation of my decision to resign and need to spend time renewing my relationship with the Lord. I am thankful I listened to the voice telling me to pick that book up today!

No comments: