Last week I asked how God confirms decisions. I'm not sure I have a definitive answer, but for me it was a sense of peace. Yesterday, I gave my resignation from my position as children's minister as of June 1st. The past two years have been a journey that is very hard to describe and is probably not understandable to anyone besides me. Steve and my mom have some understanding, but still not to same degree as me. At first my ministry gave me the motivation to fight and to get better physically. The leadership at church as been very supportive of the time it has taken, and workman's comp has been wonderful at providing the tools I needed to accomplish returning (i.e. power chair). But unfortunately, my healing is more than physical, it is also emotional and spiritual. Unfortunately, I have not attended to my emotional and spiritual health to the same degree I have my physical health. The reality of ministry for me is that it takes alot of my focus away from the Lord. This is really hard to understand since the whole point of ministry is to serve the Lord. But I often find myself doing for the Lord and not being with the Lord. So I decided with another summer coming where I still cannot physically participate in the activities I loved in children's ministry (i.e. camp) that I would take the time to focus on renewing my relationship with the Lord and spending time in my pool continuing to exercise my leg. There is alot to get done this month, so please pray that I just take one day at a time and not cause myself alot of further stress.
I am sure I will be blogging about this more in the days to come.
4 comments:
I am so sad and yet excited for you. I know the children will miss you but still be able to see you. I hope you will keep worshipping at RE. That is for selfish reasons as you such a spiritual motivator for me. Just think you can attend life group now on Sunday nights.
I know that you will be greatly missed, but hope that this will aid in your recovery. I am praying that you continue to improve, in all areas!! :)
Bravo for you. Great things happen when you REALLY focus on the Lord, hear what He has to say, then run with His message to wherever it takes you! I love you!
You will be missed. My mother keeps telling me that God has a plan. I know that is true though sometimes we question what it is. I wish for you a wonderful walk with the Lord.
Post a Comment