Sunday, May 27, 2007

Ramblings

Just a couple of ramblings before I turn in for bed. I don't know where Friday, Saturday or today went? They just sped by. Friday night Steve and I ate Chinese out and were going to the hospital to visit someone but it started raining pretty hard and Steve is very concerned I will slip on wet pavement, so we came home. Saturday I made waffles for breakfast and then we spent 7 hours getting new toys unwrapped for the church nursery, buying toy carts to put them in, a chair, and setting up new tables. We were so tired when we got home, but then I had to write 50 thank you notes to all the people who have helped me in the preschool ministry this past year. My mom suggested I just type something, but it is just not as personal, so 5 hours later, I had finished them. Today we got to eat at Red, Hot and Blue and then visited Sharon Chrisman at the hospital. I thought Sunday would be a good day to visit her because I did not have very many visits on Sundays when I was in the hospital. Well, forget that theory for Sharon because when we got there there were 4 adults and 2 children already there and before they left another 6 people arrived!! So she definitely had enough visitors. Hopefully we did not tire her out too bad. It was good to see her sitting up in a chair and to see how God had answered our prayers. Then when I got home I worked a couple of Suduko puzzles and then logged on to the computer and accessed my office files where I have spent the last five hours deleting files and folders since Wednesday will be my last day. Boy did I save a bunch of junk!
Then I compacted picture files and made them manageable. I will have to copy them on discs.
So spent alot of time reminiscing. I am glad I have so many pictures. It is amazing how much the kids have grown up. Sweet, sweet memories.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

The nursery looked outstanding on Sunday! Wow did you put a lot of work into it.

The cards were very much appreciated!

Unknown said...

i really like those new tables in the nursery! I get to start teaching next week so I will have fun trying them out and breaking them in!