Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Walmart Observations

Sure hope I don't offend anyone with this post. Today I waited in the car at Walmart while my mom picked up a prescription. My car was on the end facing the front door so I began observing all the people coming in and out. I could not help but notice there are a lot of Walmart shoppers who do not have much fashion or common sense. Here some things I said to myself as I was sitting there.
If you are wearing aqua capris, don't put a grey mans t-shirt with them.
-Why were you carrying a package of boxes (the kind you put together) where you could not see where you were walking instead of pushing them in a cart?
-Do you really think that tugging and twisting the back of your husbands pants is going to keep him from falling? (he was elderly, he would have been better off with a walker or cane)
-If you have to keep pulling up your top over your breast as you walk, perhaps you would do better with something with straps?
-Do you not have white underwear to wear under your white shorts?
-Lady, have you not heard about the damage that 2nd hand smoke does to children?
-If cell phones are not bad enough, now every other person has an earphone? (I am sure it is so their significant other can call them if they forgot something)
-A white bra with straps with a black tube top makes what kind of sense?
-Should women over 60 really wear biker shorts?
-Should people 50 pounds overweight wear shorts in public (yes I know this applies to me and I don't)
-And don't get me started on all the women's choices of dress shoes with casual shorts (why does anyone want to walk in Walmart with high heeled shoes on?)

I may be really wrong, but something tells me if I had been sitting in the parking lot of Dillards or Macy's today I would not have seen the same thing.

On another note my mom and I ate lunch at Cheddar's and it was fun seeing all the school teachers in their different school t-shirts all dressed alike. Could not help but wonder why there are so many more female teachers than males? Guess the same reason there are more female Bible class teachers than males.

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

I think the same things!...and then I look down at what I'm wearing and hope no one is doing the same thing to me! I also think I would be doing the world a favor if I put anonymous notes in people's mailboxes to give suggestions on how to improve the drive-up appeal to their house.

Stephanie said...

Interesting observations. I know I have been guilty of walking into Walmart wearing non-matching clothes, etc. at some point. I know on a few occasions I have thought "It's just Walmart. Everyone looks crummy there!" No excuse though.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you should have posted what a time I HAD at Walmart. IT was
bazzar. ALSO, that you had treated ME to a great Birthday
Dinner of my choice at Chedars.
THANKS
BUT, glad I could provide you with
a little amusement.
EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD DAY.
My love MOTHER

Tim Perkins said...

Here in Rockwall, we have our one Super Wal-Mart. Within a couple of blocks are a Kroger and an Albertson's. The prices are quite a bit higher at those stores than at WM. I'm convinced that those whose choose the Kroger or Albertson's shop there because of the snob factor: they wouldn't be caught dead in a WM...it's beneath them.

I have my pride and I try to dress appropriately, of course. But you'll see at the Wal-Mart, saving money with each visit.

Anonymous said...

Hummm..TEXAN'S :) gotta luv 'em!

Cathy Burgess said...

i absolutley detest going to wal-mart. unfortuatley, i don't have much of a choice unless i want to drive across town to target. target isn't much better. what i don't like about wally world is they never have enough cash registers open. but now they have a plethora of "self-check out" registers. i think that if you use the self check out, you should get a discount, because they aren't having to pay minimum wage to someone who will do it for you. as far as people dress, maybe their friends will submit them to appear on the "what not to wear" show on TLC. although, i don't dress up when i am going to wally world either, usually jeans and a t-shirt. maybe they ought to start teaching 'fashion sense' in school. that's a laugh, in louisiana, they can barely teach reading, writing and arithmetic! i think louisiana has the worst schools in america. enough of my rant. hope you have a great day.