Unfortunately, the town is really changing and becoming much more commercial. They are building a lot of new structures out of stucco. It is taking a lot of the character away in my opinion. There seemed to be two types of stores, the old trade post stores that just sell a lot of junk and then expensive stores with apparel and stuff that you could buy at the Galleria. It didn't use to be that way. There used to be more unique stores. Nevertheless, I did manage to buy some things including a very unusual cross made of various kinds of turquoise and stones. I could not resist.
The cabin was as I remembered it. We enjoyed sitting out on the deck, and while I did not enjoy the increase in traffic noise, it was fun to watch the hummingbirds and deer. I guess there has been an increase in deer and the Ruidosians find them to be problematic, but for us it was a novelty. We just saw a few where we were staying but the day we visited my aunt at her cabin we saw at least a half dozen at a time. She also had a really blue bird I had never seen, she said it was called a Stellar Jay. We also saw Woodpeckers. I forgot to take a camera, so did not get any pictures.
One thing I did learn is that 3 evenings is not long enough to work a 750 piece jigsaw puzzle! We worked so hard and at 2:00 a.m. the last evening I could see no end in sight so had to put it all back in the box! (Andrea had given up at midnight) So know I guess I will have to try and recreate it here at home.
I don't know that I am ever ready for a vacation to be over! But back home and will try to find some routine. I'll close today by posting a picture of the "Leaning Loo of Ruidoso". It is the outhouse that my grandfather frequented while I was growing up. It is still there, although as you can see it has sunk into the ground and no longer usable, none the less another memory that makes this place special to me.
.jpg)
8 comments:
I am so glad you are home safe, PTL. Post a picture of your necklace :) It sounded as if you had a great time with wonderful memories and wonderful family and friends. Love u! Caren
Glad you made it home safe and sound!! Hope you get that puzzled finished (after you have to start over)!
It sounds like you had a great time!! William and I honeymooned in Ruidoso. We were just talking the other day that we would love to get back there and bring the girls. It is so beautiful! We stayed at the Inn of the Mountain Gods. I loved waking up each morning looking at mountains!!
I am thankful for flushing toilets this morning!!
Me again....how did it go navigating the airport? I pray it went well, but I'll bet that was pretty scarey the first time!
Welcome home! I am glad you had a good time!
I just love Ruidoso! That may be a place I retire to one day in the future. It is sad to hear that it is becoming more commercialized.
Sounds like a great trip! Glad you made it home safely! Blessings!
So glad you were able to get away. We all need that occasionally. Sounds like you may have to move the cabin deeper into country, though.
Post a Comment