Friday, August 31, 2007

Inconsiderate Shopper

Today I thought I would try a different venue for my grocery shopping and went to the Walmart Neighborhood grocery. I used one of the electric scooters because it was the once a month big day shopping. Not once, not twice, but three times I just had to sit and wait for another person to let me by. I would be going one direction they would pull their basket up in front of me going the opposite direction and then just stand there and peruse the shelves. I could not get around them and just had to wait patiently until they were finished. I did finally say "excuse me" and one person moved. I just found this to be very annoying. It would of only taken a moment of their time to move and let me by. I don't know why they were so inconsiderate. I think people just get too intent on their "own" business and forget there are others around and then again maybe I just need to be more patient. The other day Steve and I were at a restaurant and I walked in on my crutches and not one person offered to let me sit. Not even the parents who were standing and their two children ages 8 and 6 (just a guess) were sitting. Once again perhaps I shouldn't think I should have special consideration, but I just pray when I am totally well that I will remember to be much more considerate to the handicapped.

No comments: