Thursday, August 02, 2007

Ruidoso Here I Come

I have shown this picture before. It is the Schuller family cabin in Ruidoso. My aunt Gee Gee maintains it (even though she lives in Massachusetts) because we all have such great memories of the summers we got to spend there growing up. The cabin was built in 1933, so it is very rustic. It isn't in a very wooded area and I guess they had to cut some of the few trees down because of disease. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to just being there and chilling. Taking some books to read and a jigsaw puzzle I have been wanting to work. I leave tomorrow and will visit my aunt (I call her Nanny) in El Paso tomorrow night and then will pick Andrea Landry up at the airport on Saturday and we will drive up to Ruidoso and stay until Wednesday. Andrea's son DJ is stationed in Alamogordo so we will stop and have lunch with him on the way up. I am not taking my computer with me, so will not be blogging, but will give you an update when I return. Please pray that this will be a great time for God and I to reconnect. I will miss Steve. Traveling just isn't his thing and the one time he went to Ruidoso with me he just thought it was too commercialized. He doesn't have the same connection as I do with my childhood. It was always a very special time with my grandmother. This will be my first time to go without her there, I will miss her. But I am sure we will play some Scrabble in her honor. I'll be back on the 8th and will look forward to catching up on all of your blogs and seeing how the Lord blessed you while I was gone.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

will you attend chruch there Sunday? I knew a boy from college from Ruidoso and I visited his home once and visited his church there (can't remember the name of it but it was c of c) and his family name is Ensor. I remember liking that church. more than I remember liking the boy. but that is a story for anoher day. it obviously didn't work out between us.

Unknown said...

isn't that funny- church mispelled is chruch (crutch) which it sort of is, a group of people you can lean on.

Kristi said...

I pray you have a wonderful time!! It sounds great.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time. I know you will be careful. Give my best to your family and especially Nanny! I love you, Caren

Liz Moore said...

Have a great time! It's looks wonderful!