Thursday, February 22, 2007

Tonight Steve and I went to visit Don Scott in the hospital. For those of you who may not know him, he is one of sweetest men on the entire earth! There has been a line of women for years that have said if our husbands died we would marry Don. Carolyn McBryde leads the pack. Of course Don is probably in his late 80's :) Anyway...what a blessing it was to spend time with him. It just reminded me of needing to be deliberate in spending time with those who are older than us because they have a perspective on life that we do not have yet. Time with them blesses me. There is a hymn that I have always liked that has the words "May all who come behind us find us faithful." It is faithful servants like Don that help me keep my eyes focused above and ahead. Don has such peace in his relationship with the Lord. I pray that he will be able to come home tomorrow like he plans. I can only pray that I will grow old as gracefully and faithfully as Don and other senior saints.

No comments: